The Nickel Plate Nordic Centre is committed to the Health and Safety of our members and guests. We have developed the following policies with the intention to follow the guidelines established by the Health Authorities and governing sport associations.
Although we recommend everyone planning to visit Nickel Plate this season reads and understands the policies linked below, these are the significant changes from last year’s practices:
- The Day Lodge will be open with the following restrictions:
- Masks are mandatory while moving within facilities. Vaccine passports are not required to enter buildings.
- Weekdays: The public will have access to the “old” lodge only, with a limit of 20 occupants. There will only be 20 seats, and if they are all occupied visitors are asked to leave the lodge. The larger part of the lodge will be reserved for our school programs.
- Weekends: The entire lodge will be available to the public, with a limit of 50 people. There will only be 50 seats, and if they are all occupied visitors are asked to leave the lodge.
- All staff, public facing volunteers, and adult program participants are required to provide proof of vaccinations.
Before visiting our facility, please ensure you follow the BC Government COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool and we ask you refrain from visiting if you have any signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
The Government of BC has announced that enforcement of the Health Order can result in fines if not followed.
Programming Policies (SDP, Schools, Masters)
Office of the Provincial Health Officer
As of August 7, 2020
Nickel Plate Nordic Centre is located 6.5 kms (4 miles) past Apex Mountain Resort on the Hedley/Nickel Plate Road, an all-weather road maintained by the BC Ministry of Highways.