Work with us!
Instructor Position/Ticket Sales
Providing the friendly face of Nickel Plate, this position does a little bit of everything. From teaching lessons (if you’re an intermediate skier or a beginner with aptitude, we can coach you on this) to selling day passes, you’ll contribute to the heart of our day to day operations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of ski area operations
- Minimum Level 1 First Aid Certification
- CANSI (Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors) level 1 ski certification
- onsite training available for the right candidate
- Ability to take direction, function independently and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think and act independently and manage multiple tasks
- Good computer skills (word processing, web and information management)
- Superior communication skills
- Able to drive a ski-doo, or willing to learn
- General cleaning of washrooms, lodge and rental area
- Operate and fill wood stoves
- Handle ticket sales and general computer including invoicing
- Teach NP ski programs to adults and children
- Fit rental equipment to customers
- General maintenance of equipment
- Servicing skis for the public
ANTICIPATED HOURS AND DATES:
Approximately 32 hours/week, late November to the end of March
Subject to qualifications.
SEND RESUME TO:
For more information about this position please email Tricia Wilson- General Manager, email@example.com
Nickel Plate Nordic Centre is located 6.5 kms (4 miles) past Apex Mountain Resort on the Hedley/Nickel Plate Road, an all-weather road maintained by the BC Ministry of Highways.