With first snowfalls reported across most of BC, it’s a great time to announce another new prize for the Club Membership Contest, as well as the current leaders. This is guaranteed to be another exciting event, with around $16,000 in XC loot up for grabs!
The Yukon-based Boréale Explorers, is generously donating a two-day all-inclusive stay for two at their adventure lodge just outside Whitehorse ($850 value).
This is in addition to the previously announced:
- 3-day XC Supercamp plus accommodation from Sovereign Lake and SilverStar (value of $1,450)
- ‘Ski Week In The Rockies’ for 2 people, including meals, accommodation, and coaching for 5 days, from Nipika Mountain Resort (value of $2,990)
- classic package from Madshus ($1,240 value)
- fleet of kids’ ski gear from Rossignol (value of $4,000+)
- classic and skate packages from Fisher & Swix (value of $2,770)
- two night stay for up to 8 people at the Pinnacles Suites at SilverStar (up to $1,230 value)
- an assortment of poles from One Way (value of $1,030)
The contest finishes December 1, 2017 but here are your leaders as of September 25:
- Group A: Caledonia has jumped to an early lead , with Sovereign Lake and Telemark giving chase. Many of you will remember last year’s epic back & forth battle between Caledonia and Telemark, with Telemark nipping Caledonia at the finish line, and Sovereign almost catching both in the final stretch!
- Group B: Fernie has jumped out of the gate first, with Nelson next. Can Overlander repeat their winning performance from last year?
- Group C: Like last year, Hollyburn has the early lead. Nickel Plate and Snow Valley are giving chase. But watch out for Strathcona, who passed everyone last year, including Hollyburn in the final few days.
- Group D: Whistler has the early lead, with Whiskey Jack and Nordic Racers chasing. With last year’s winner Sea to Skynow competing in Group C (as a result of almost doubling their membership), who will take the title?
- Group E: Mackenzie is in the lead, with Nechako in second. Last year, this was a battle between Sun Peaks and Valhalla Hills… how will they fare this year?
- Group F: The lead is up for grabs. North Thompson was the winner last year, with Skmana in second.
To see the full group lists and contest details, click over to the Cross Country BC Website.